Our firm is an independent boutique law firm based in The Hague, The Netherlands, with a strong focus on the markets of:
- Construction & Real Estate
- Government and
Our lawyers advise and litigate on both private law and public law matters (i.a. public law, including zoning and planning law, energy law, governmental liability, environmental (criminal) law, expropriation, construction and real estate law, (public) procurement law, lease law, tax law and Supreme Court litigation), often operating in the interface between these two. They have a deep understanding of how government operates and of the relevant interests of the governmental bodies involved.
Clients range from:
- the public sector (utility, water companies, local and regional authorities, (municipalities, provinces, environment agencies), to businesses active in:
- (sustainable) energy projects;
- construction, project development, infrastructure projects
- the industrial sector (petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food, heavy industry)
The firm has a strong scientific profile. Almost all of the firm’s lawyers teach at universities and commercial institutes and publish articles in academic law journals on a frequent basis. Jacques Sluysmans, partner, has been a professor of expropriation law at Radboud University Nijmegen since 2013.
We offer high-end quality in legal services, both in substance and in form. We aim at longlasting relationships with both public and private clients in which mutual trust, close contact and excellent accessibility are essential.
We have particular expertise in various areas of law such as:
- Plannng and Environment
- Procurement and state aid
- Liability and damages
- Land acquisition and exploitation
- Real Estate (infrastructure-, commercial and public real estate developments, real estate transactions)
- Spatial planning and Environmental law
- Supreme Court litigation
- Constitutional and Administrative law
- Construction law