Our firm is an independent boutique law firm based in The Hague, The Netherlands, with a strong focus on:
Our lawyers advise and litigate on both private law and public law matters, often operating at the interface of the two, including on public law (e.g. zoning and planning law), energy law, governmental liability, environmental (criminal) law, expropriation, construction and real estate law, (public) procurement law, lease law, tax law and Supreme Court litigation. They have a deep understanding of how local and central government operates and of the relevant interests of the governmental bodies involved.
Clients range from:
the public sector (utility, water companies, local and regional authorities, (municipalities, provinces, environment agencies),
to businesses active in:
- (sustainable) energy projects;
- construction, project development and infrastructure projects
- the industrial sector (oil & gas, (petro)chemical, pharmaceutical, food and heavy industries)
The firm has a strong scientific profile. Nearly all of the firm’s lawyers teach at universities and commercial institutes and publish articles in academic law journals on a frequent basis. Jacques Sluysmans, partner, has been a professor of Expropriation Law at Radboud University Nijmegen since 2013.
We offer the highest standards of quality in legal services, both in substance and in form. We pride ourselves in developing longlasting relationships with both public and private clients in which mutual trust, close contact and excellent accessibility are essential.
We have specialised expertise in various areas of law such as:
- Planning and Environment
- Procurement and state aid
- Liability and damages
- Land acquisition and exploitation
- Real Estate (infrastructure-, commercial and public real estate developments, real estate transactions)
- Spatial planning and Environmental law
- Dutch Supreme Court litigation
- Constitutional and Administrative law
- Construction law